Press release | September 2, 2022
Harley’s latest model in its limited-edition Icons Collection program is the Low Rider El Diablo, which is inspired by American West Coast styling and comes with factory-installed Rockford Fosgate-powered Harley-Davidson Audio. Worldwide production of the model will be limited to a one-time build of 1,500 serialized examples, which is expected to reach authorized Harley-Davidson dealers in the fall of 2022, with an MSRP of $27,999.
Here’s more information from a Harley-Davidson press release…
Milwaukee, WI (September 1, 2022) – Harley-Davidson is upping the intensity of an iconic styling theme with the introduction of the Low Rider El Diablo model, the latest offering in its limited-edition Icons Collection program. Nodding to a custom styling trend from the American West Coast, the Low Rider El Diablo model combines lightweight performance and sporty versatility with a stunning hand-applied paint scheme and the sonic power of Harley-Davidson Audio powered by Rockford Fosgate.
“The Low Rider El Diablo is a modern expression of the iconic 1983 Harley-Davidson FXRT and a representation of the creative era in which it was born,” said Brad Richards, Vice President of Design and Chief Creative Officer. – Harley-Davidson motorcycles. “It embodies the spirit of ’80s Southern California counterculture in a contemporary package that features meticulously crafted custom paintwork, including pinstripe trajectories that directly recall those of the original FXRT. “
The collection of icons
An extraordinary series of motorcycles inspired by some of our most recognizable and sought-after models. Each icon in the collection will celebrate HD’s iconic colors, designs and pieces, as well as the latest technology. A limited collection, each model will be individually numbered and produced only once. A new icon will debut each year, with no more than two bikes released in any given year.
Model Low Rider El Diablo
The Low Rider El Diablo is a model meant to take sport-touring style and performance to the extreme. The Low Rider El Diablo model combines the touring ability of hard bags and a frame-mounted fairing with the taut handling performance of the Harley-Davidson Softail chassis and the V-Twin muscle of a Milwaukee-Eight 117 powertrain Worldwide production of the model will be limited to a one-time build of 1,500 serialized examples, which is expected to reach authorized Harley-Davidson dealers in the fall of 2022, with an MSRP of $27,999*.
Art in motion
The Harley-Davidson Low Rider ST motorcycle serves as the basis for the Low Rider El Diablo model. The limited-production Low Rider® El Diablo model transforms the look of the Low Rider® ST model with the addition of a detailed paint scheme applied by Gunslinger Custom Paint. The paint scheme begins with a base coat of El Diablo Bright Red and a second coat of Bright Red Sunglo. The thin red stripes are masked and a layer of El Diablo Dark Red and Dark Red Pearl is faded around the panel shapes to add depth. After masking, a layer of El Diablo Dark Red Metallic is applied to surround the El Diablo Bright Red color, with a fade effect where the colors meet to add depth. When the masking is removed, the thin El Diablo Bright Red stripes appear on the saddlebags, tank sides, fenders and fairing. Pale Gold stripes are then applied by hand in the El Diablo Bright Red panels. The El Diablo Bright Red Sunglo is formulated with a tinted transparent element to create a “candy” effect.
Black finishes on the powertrain, front end and exhaust highlight the El Diablo paint scheme. Cast-aluminum Radiate wheels are finished in contrasting matte dark bronze.
Low Rider El Diablo Motorcycle Paint is hand applied by the artisans at Gunslinger Custom Paint in Golden, Colorado. Gunslinger’s roster of nationally recognized painters, designers, artists and fabrication team leaders has decades of experience as a supplier of custom paints. components for Harley-Davidson Custom Vehicle Operations motorcycles and limited edition paint kits.
High performance audio
The Low Rider El Diablo model features a factory-installed audio system designed for exceptional performance and an ideal fit in the fairing. A powerful, intelligent amplifier featuring digital signal processing (DSP) technology jointly developed by Harley-Davidson and Rockford Fosgate is designed to perform in the demanding motorcycle environment. The system connects to a mobile device via Bluetooth to play stored or streamed audio through a pair of built-in two-way speakers.
- The speakers include a pair of 5.25 inch woofers and two remote tweeters for excellent audio performance.
- Bluetooth 4.2 provides a solid wireless connection to most devices with minimal compression for exceptional sound quality.
- A compact 250-watt amplifier mounted in the fairing delivers crisp, clear sound quality at any volume.
- Connectivity with the Harley-Davidson Audio mobile app powered by Rockford Fosgate offers unique features such as Automatic Volume Control (AVC) which allows hands-free volume control based on vehicle speed, adjustable 7-band EQ , a firmware update and step by step. system configurator.
Low Rider El Diablo Key Features
- The shape of the frame-mounted fairing is inspired by the classic FXRT Sport Glide model fairing, favored by West Coast customizers.
- Aerodynamic performance was developed through CFD (computational fluid dynamics) analysis and real-world testing.
- A single center and triple splitstream Softail vents reduce rider head shaking at highway speeds.
- A 6-inch-tall windshield has a Dark Smoke tint.
- Single 5.75 inch LED headlight.
- The Milwaukee-Eight 117 V-Twin engine with precision oil/air cooling is the pinnacle of torque and displacement in a standard factory-installed Harley-Davidson powertrain. This engine delivers outstanding performance and instant bragging rights on the street.
- Displacement of 117 cubic inches.
- 125 lb-ft. of torque at 3500 RPM
- The high-performance camshaft is matched to the displacement and airflow intended to maximize performance.
- The high-performance, tuned Heavy Breather intake with an exposed, forward-facing filter element moves more air through the engine to produce exciting mid-range torque and gives the bike that extra hot rod presence.
- The high-performance 2-into-2 offset shotgun exhaust is tuned to deliver smooth, broad midrange torque while producing a soulful tone.
- Dual counterweights help reduce primary idle vibration for improved rider comfort.
- Dealer-installed Screamin’ Eagle performance parts upgrades from genuine Harley-Davidson engine parts and accessories are available to further enhance engine performance.
- Lockable clamshell panniers can be removed in seconds with an internal quick-release mechanism, converting the bike from sport-touring to city-cruising mode. (Combined saddlebag capacity is 1.9 cubic feet / 53.8 liters).
- The high mono-shock suspension raises the rear of the motorcycle to improve ride comfort and increase the lean angle.
- 43mm inverted fork.
- Dual front disc brakes.
- Premium Michelin Scorcher 31 tires (110/90B19 front, 180/70B16 rear) improve ride and handling performance.
- Digital “tech gauge” instrumentation in the handlebar riser features a clean “no gauges” look.
- A deep solo seat helps keep the rider in place during acceleration and aggressive cornering.
- The one-inch-diameter motorcycle handlebars mounted on retractable four-inch risers are a West Coast styling cue that puts the rider in an aggressive posture on the bike.
- Low profile tank console.
- Bright LED brake/tail lights.
- USB charging port.
- Anti-lock braking system (ABS) and cruise control as standard.
To learn more about the Harley-Davidson Icon Collection and the Low Rider® El Diablo model, visit http://hd.com/icons.
*Prices shown are manufacturer’s suggested retail prices for base models. Options such as color are available at an additional cost. Prices exclude taxes, title, license, registration fees, destination fees, added accessories and additional dealer fees, if any, and are subject to change. Harley-Davidson reimburses dealers for performing manufacturer-specified predelivery inspection and setup. Dealer prices may vary.
Click here for more Harley-Davidson motorcycle reviews and news.