Lima, Peru – (COMMERCIAL THREAD) – Cementos Pacasmayo SAA and its subsidiaries (NYSE: CPAC; BVL: CPACASC1) (âthe Companyâ or âPacasmayoâ), a leading cement company serving the Peruvian construction industry, announced today hui its consolidated results for the second quarter (â2Q21â) and the six-month period (6M21) ended June 30, 2021. These results have been prepared in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (âIFRSâ) and are expressed in nominal Peruvian soles. (S /).
2Q21 financial and operational highlights:
(All comparisons are for 2Q20, unless otherwise noted)
- Sales volume of cement, concrete and precast grew by 257.2% mainly due to the continued increase in sales of bagged cement, to the self-construction segment and to the public sector for reconstruction projects, and to the stopping of marketing during 2Q20. If we compare the volume to 2Q19, which had no external effect, the increase is 41.8%.
- Income increased by 285.7%, mainly due to the continued increase in sales and the cessation of marketing during the 2Q20 mentioned above. Relative to 2Q19, revenues increased 37.0%.
- Consolidated EBITDA of S / 90.0 million, an increase due to negative EBITDA during 2Q20 mainly due to the cessation of cement sales mentioned above, as well as fixed costs derived from the cessation of production during of the said quarter, as well as the increase in sales during 2Q21.
- Net revenue of S / 27.7 million, an increase mainly due to the discontinuation of marketing mentioned above, as well as the increase in sales during this quarter.
6M21 Financial and Operational Highlights:
(All comparisons are at 6M20, unless otherwise noted)
- Sales volume of cement, concrete and precast increased by 124.1% mainly due to the continued increase in sales of bagged cement, to the self-construction segment and to the public sector for projects related to reconstruction, and to the end of the marketing experience during 2Q20.
- Income increased by 119.0%, mainly due to the continued increase in sales and the cessation of marketing during the 2Q20 mentioned above.
- Consolidated EBITDA of S / 195.2 million, an increase of 193.1% due to the discontinuation of cement sales and the increase in fixed costs mentioned above.
- Net revenue of S / 59.5 million, an increase mainly due to the loss in 6M20 due to the discontinuation of marketing mentioned above, as well as the increase in sales during this quarter.
For a full version of Cementos Pacasmayo’s second quarter 2021 results release, please visit http://cementospacasmayo.com.pe.
Cementos Pacasmayo will organize a conference call on Tuesday July 19, 2021, discuss these results at 10:30 a.m. Eastern time / 9:30 a.m. Lima time.
To access the call, please dial:
(844) 369-8770 (From the United States)
+1 862-298-0840 (from outside the United States)
There will also be a live audio webcast of the event at:
About Cementos Pacasmayo SAA
Cementos Pacasmayo SAA is a cement company, located in the northern region of Peru. In February 2012, the Company’s shares were listed on the New York Stock Exchange – Euronext under the ticker symbol âCPACâ. With over 60 years of operating history, the Company produces, distributes and sells cement and cement-related materials, such as concrete blocks and ready-mixed concrete. Pacasmayo’s products are mainly used in construction, which has been one of the fastest growing segments of the Peruvian economy in recent years. The Company also produces and sells quicklime for use in mining operations.