High quality still images, video and audio
The ZV-1F was designed for vloggers and content creators to capture high quality content in a compact size. These features and technologies include:
- Ultra-wide 20mmI F2.0 main lens, perfect for selfie-style recording
- Background bokeh in photos and videos to easily make the subject stand out
- Compact and lightweight, weighing approximately 8.1 ouncesii (229 grams)
- Face Priority AE (automatic exposure) which automatically adjusts the brightness according to the face of the subject, even in situations with large changes in lighting.
- High-precision focus and Eye AF (autofocus) for humans and animalsiiiwith touchscreen control
- 3-capsule directional mic and windshield provide clear voice recording and background noise reduction in windy or noisy conditions
- Stable and smooth images with active modeiv image stabilization
- S&Q Modev to shoot in slow motion at 5x slower speedvi and rapid movement at 60 times fasterviii hyperlapse speed
Designed for easy content creation
The ZV-1F was developed for content creators of all skill levels, including those switching to a compact camera for the first time. The camera is designed with a handful of features for easy content creation and streamlined editing, including:
- Vari-angle LCD touchscreen to easily change features and settings, including zoomviii
- Background blur function to quickly blur the background, even during video recording
- Product showcase setting to automatically and seamlessly shift focus between a face and products
- self-timerix for photos and video
- Recording lamp and red frame on screen to indicate when recording started and stopped
- Ten preset creative look options to automatically add a specific look
- ‘Soft Skin Effect’ feature to add skin smoothing options as you like
- Compatible with GP-VPT2BTX Shooting handle/tripod with Bluetooth™ wireless control
- shoe accessoryxi to easily connect an external microphone
- Remote camera control capabilities and simple file transfer for sharing on popular social media platforms with Sony’s new Imaging Edge Mobile Plus™xi smart phone app
- shot markxiii to efficiently reference key clips or cut and transfer specific 15, 30 or 60 second sequencesxiv clips tagged on their smartphone and posted directly to social media without editing.
- High-quality live streaming device or web camera, with appropriate video streaming, conferencing app or similar software, when connected to a computer or smartphone via USBxvi
Supporting a sustainable future
The ZV-1F was designed with features and technology for a sustainable future in mind. Recycled materialsXVI including SORPLAS ™ are used both in the camera housing and the supplied accessories like the newly developed windshield17 which have been adapted to maintain performance. Plant-based non-woven fabrics are used for product bags to reduce disposable plastic packaging.
Price and availability
The new ZV-1F will be available at the end of October for approximately $500 and $650 BODY. It will be sold at various authorized Sony dealers in North America.
For detailed product information, please visit:
A product video on the new ZV-1F can be viewed HERE.
Exclusive stories and exciting new content shot with the new ZV-1F and other Sony imaging products can be found at www.alphauniverse.com, a site created to educate and inspire all fans and customers of the Sony α brand. – Alpha.
About Sony Electronics Inc.
Sony Electronics is a subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America and a subsidiary of Sony Group Corporation, one of the world’s most comprehensive entertainment companies, with a portfolio that spans electronics, music, film, mobile, games, robotics and financial services. Based at San Diego, California, Sony Electronics is a leader in electronics for the consumer and professional markets. Activities include research and development, engineering, sales, marketing, distribution and customer service. Sony Electronics creates products that innovate and inspire generations, such as award-winning Alpha interchangeable lens cameras and groundbreaking Hi-Res Audio products. Sony is also a leading manufacturer of end-to-end solutions for 4K professional broadcast and A/V equipment to industry leaders 4K and 8K Ultra HD TVs. Visit http://www.sony.com/news. for more information.
“SORPLAS” is a trademark of Sony Group Corporation. “SORPLAS” is a durable flame retardant plastic developed and supplied by Sony Semiconductor Solutions Corporation.
I Equivalent to 35mm format
ii Not including battery and memory card
iii Still images only. Does not work with all types of animals
iv Slight cropping of the image in active mode. Active mode is not available when the recording frame rate is 120 (100) fps for normal movies and the frame rate is 120 (100) fps for S&Q.
v The recording format in S&Q mode is XAVC S HD. Sound recording is not possible. A Class 10 or higher SDHC/SDXC card is required. UHS Speed Class 3 or higher is required for 100 Mbps recording.
vi Recording in S&Q mode at 120 fps (frame rate) 24p (recording frame rate).
viii Recording in S&Q mode at 1 fps (frame rate) 60p (recording frame rate).
viii Users can choose from 1.0/1.5/2.0/4.0x zooms to quickly change the viewing angle. In FHD, 1.5x and 2.0x zooms use Clear Image zoom and 4.0x uses digital zoom; in 4K1.5x uses Clear Image zoom and 2.0x and 4.0x use digital zoom.
ix Not available when recording a movie in still image mode by pressing the MOVIE button.
X Sold separately
xi Since the hot shoe of this model has no electronic contacts, it does not support the operation of an external flash, audio input, etc.
xi Please use Imaging Edge Mobile Plus Ver. 1.0 or later. Imaging Edge Mobile Plus app can be downloaded from Google Play and App Store. Network services, content, operating system and software are subject to terms and conditions and may be changed, discontinued or discontinued at any time and may require fees, registration and credit card information.
xiii Two types of shot marks: Shot Mark1 and Shot Mark2
xiv Depending on where the shot mark is added, the length of the trimmed video may be shorter than the set length.
xvi When streaming via USB, the resolution is 1280 x 720 and the frame rate is 30 fps. To use this function, the operating system on the PC or smartphone side must support UVC/UAC. When connecting to a mobile device equipped with a USB Type-C(R) port, please use a commercially available USB cable or terminal conversion adapter.
XVI Recycled materials may not be available, depending on time of production.
17 The fibers of the windscreen are made exclusively from recycled polyester. Recycled polyester may not be available, depending on time of production
SOURCESony Electronics, Inc.