NEW YORK (WEB PR)
April 25, 2022
The Peninsula Hotels, whose properties around the world have embodied luxurious elegance for nearly a century, will launch an extensive collection of new wellness resources for their guests in early 2022, inviting them to experience “Life Lived Best “.
The brand-wide initiative will provide guests at all properties across the Peninsula with unprecedented opportunities to pursue their fitness, mindfulness and nutrition goals – and to access these opportunities when they want. wish via a dedicated wellness portal and a 24-hour wellness concierge service.
“With this new wellness program, we are breaking new ground in helping our guests maximize their health and wellbeing,” said Gareth Roberts, Group Director of Brand and Operations Support at The Peninsula Hotels. “Our wellness offerings are an invitation for guests to take time for themselves, find balance and vitality, and engage with local cultures.”
The elements of life best lived: physical, mental and nutritional health
The new programming offers Peninsula guests a holistic wellness experience, which can – if desired – improve their physical, mental and nutritional well-being. While many offerings, including activities, classes, and menu options, are available at each property in the Peninsula portfolio, others reflect the distinctive traditions of their destination cities and are created in partnership with local residents. This way, guests who participate in Peninsula Wellness Experiences can know that they are supporting not only their own health, but also the health of local communities.
Fitness with dynamic classes and in-room training programs
Recognizing that physical vitality is an important part of well-being, The Peninsula Hotels will introduce a variety of new options to help guests exercise safely and enjoyably. Some of these choices will invite guests to pursue their fitness goals in the hotels state-of-the-art fitness centers, outdoors, and in group classes. Others, including guided video routines and in-room equipment, will allow them to work out at their own pace, in the privacy of their bedroom.
As part of the program, all hotels on the peninsula will offer guests the following fitness options:
- Delivery of fitness equipment to the room (including Life Fitness indoor cycling equipment, in some locations) upon request
- Specially created video programming, including exercises and stretches, available on clients’ own devices or streamed to their bedroom TVs
- Choice of programs that allow clients to select goals including increased strength, increased energy and jet lag relief
Each individual property on the peninsula will also provide guests with destination-specific fitness opportunities, such as:
- Locally organized and led fitness classes (e.g. Muay Thai at Peninsula Bangkok, Tai Chi at Peninsula Hong Kong)
- Maps of local jogging and walking trails
- Special fitness events co-hosted with local partners
- Regularly scheduled workshops and talks with local fitness experts
Peace of mind with relaxing rituals and guided breath meditation
For guests interested in cultivating mindfulness and positive mental well-being, The Peninsula Hotels will launch a robust range of new offerings to help support them. Many of them were made possible through a partnership with Breethe, a revolutionary meditation app whose guided audio programs are preferred by users around the world.
“Perhaps now more than ever, people today recognize the need for self-care,” said Lynne Goldberg, senior meditation teacher and co-founder of Breethe. “Finding even a few minutes a day of ‘me time’ can have a profound impact on our overall health and mindset, and science backs it up. Our goal is to make this easily achievable, even for busy travelers – and we are delighted to do so through our first global hotel partnership with The Peninsula Hotels.
As part of the program, all hotels on the peninsula will provide the following mental health offerings to guests:
- A selection of Breethe content – including guided meditations, relaxing bedtime stories and soothing music – available on guests’ personal devices or streamed to their in-room TVs
- A special “Sleep Well, Wake Well” aromatherapy experience, with Ayurvedic essences of subtle energies that promote evening rest and morning energy
- Relaxing or invigorating spa-style baths, designed by Peninsula wellness experts in guest bathrooms, using mineral-rich salts and aromatic or therapeutic essential oils from Subtle Energies and/or Voya.
Each individual property on the peninsula will also provide guests with destination-specific opportunities to relax and find balance, such as:
- Locally run meditation and mindfulness classes, such as sound healing and mindful breathing
- The opportunity to participate in local spiritual customs (for example, giving alms to Buddhist monks at The Peninsula Bangkok)
- Traditional local energy and healing treatments (e.g. Zen Balancing at Peninsula Tokyo)
- Regular workshops and discussions with visiting local mindfulness experts
- Bespoke, eco-friendly scented bath products created especially for each Peninsula hotel by a local scent curator using locally harvested ingredients
New plant-based menus that optimize health and sustainability
For the past 15 years, The Peninsula Hotels has offered Naturally Peninsula, a collection of delicious and health-conscious menu options for guests who dine at its hotel restaurants. As part of the Life Lived Best initiative, however, Naturally Peninsula will be relaunching with a new focus on plant-based cuisine.
“Supporting the health of our guests in a delicious way has always been Naturally Peninsula’s mission,” said Florian Trento, Executive Chef of The Peninsula Hotels Group. “But now we set ourselves a higher goal – to support the health of the planet as well.”
The new plant-based dishes – which will use local seasonal produce, nutritious oils and unrefined sugars – reflect The Peninsula Hotels’ continued commitment to increased sustainability. By prioritizing meat-free ingredients, organically and naturally produced by local producers, Naturally Peninsula’s offerings aim to simultaneously benefit local hotel communities and reduce their collective environmental footprint.
Guests will find the new Naturally Peninsula plant-based choices included on breakfast and buffet menus at all Peninsula properties beginning in early 2022. Each Peninsula property will also create its own dining experiences and courses Naturally Peninsula cuisine that showcases seasonal produce and culinary traditions. from their respective locations.
The Wellness Portal and Wellness Concierge: Providing 24-Hour Health Access
The Peninsula Hotels is committed to providing guests with wellness opportunities throughout their stay, day or night. In keeping with this promise, the launch of Life Lived Best will include the rollout of a new wellness portal available to guests at every Peninsula property.
The Wellness Portal allows guests to access all of the wellness offerings available at their hotel, including in-room fitness video tutorials and audio-guided meditations; schedules and reservations for in-person exercise and mindfulness classes, plant-based cooking classes, spa treatments and wellness-themed events; and Naturally Peninsula menu choices. The portal is available to guests whenever they are in their hotel and can be viewed either on their own personal devices or streamed to their in-room televisions.
Guests with questions about any aspect of their hotel’s wellness experiences can also get answers, 24/7, through The Peninsula Hotels’ proprietary digital concierge service, PenChat – which customers access on their own devices using their favorite messaging app. . In concert with Life Lived Best, each Peninsula hotel will offer targeted wellness concierge assistance, connecting guests with their hotel’s chefs, spa managers and fitness center experts.
An extension of the promise of the peninsula
With the launch of Life Lived Best, The Peninsula Hotels reaffirms its longstanding commitment to delivering an exceptional guest experience – The Peninsula Promise – while also committing to a more sustainable environmental ethic.
“Our new wellness programming strives to enhance the happiness, comfort and ease of our guests – concerns that have always been paramount at The Peninsula hotels,” said Gareth Roberts. “But now our promise extends further, to embrace our local communities and even the planet.”